Friday, January 27, 2006

I'm still here

I'm done reading, finally. Currently, I'm struggling with the winter blues...I don't want to go to school or work today...I'd just rather crawl into bed and watch T.V. When I was working retail, I always felt crappy this time of year; I chalked it up to post Christmas let down and pure exhaustion. When I went back to school two years ago I thought I might be able to escape the winter blahs, but no dice.

I have dealt with depression my entire adult life (depression runs in my family) so I have been on and off meds for almost 20 years. I've been lucky- for the past 2 1/2 years, I've not had to take any medication for depression....the longest time ever. However it's times like this, the winter blahs, that I'd like the medication back...I think it's easier to deal with life when your medicated. So if I'm not posting it's because I'm feeling overwhelmed and blue. In years past, I normally snap out of it sometime in late February. I think I'm fortunate that I know my body and if meds are necessary I'll go back (but I don't want to). I feel better just writing about it...I'm off to school.

5 Comments:

Blogger Running2Ks said...

I totally understand that. Yes, the light can help.

Hugs to you!!!

7:19 PM  
Blogger Happy and Blue 2 said...

Hope you are starting to feel a bit better. Or a whole lot better.
Take care of yourself..

9:22 PM  
Blogger Happy and Blue 2 said...

Happy Valentines Day..

6:58 PM  
Blogger SjElizabeth said...

First time reading your blog, and I like:) Some of the posts are giving me traumatic flashbacks to grad school though. So much work! May the force be with you - not sure I could do it again. Eventually it will be over though, and teaching is so worth it, so yeah, I guess I would do it again...but only if I absolutely had to.

10:11 PM  
Blogger Fresh Hell, Texas said...

Holy cow. I am so happy to have found another non-tradional student who is also a mother, a liberal and living in Texas. Oh, and I also deal with depression.

I thought I was the only one!

I've bookmarked your blog, please feel free to stop by mine.

1:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home