Friday, January 13, 2006

Week in Review

Last night was my Social Studies/Language Arts Methods class...once again, a project oriented class. This semester I will have to produce a field trip lesson plan that includes a "treasure hunt", a social studies game, short reviews of ten web sites, an original biography of a U.S. president in a picture book format, a whopper group project with too many elements to list, and two multiple choice tests. Attendance is required (no problem there) and when we come to class we need to not only bring our book but markers, construction paper, tape, glue stick, stapler, and scissors; I am not getting a degree in Education but in Arts and Crafts! Shockingly, I have an idea for a game and I think I'm going to do my presidential biography on Jimmy Carter.

A few thoughts now that I've made it through the first week: My initial twitting out about my math class is unwarranted...this is basic eight and ninth grade math, we have worked on estimation, rounding, reading graphs, and solving very basic word problems. I hope it gets better because I'm kind of bored but it is giving me confidence because I know more than I thought I did. Exceptional Children class should be a breeze after the paper due February 2nd is over. Reading and Social Studies will be okay but a ton of work. I generally need to think about projects for a loooong time so I'm glad I have much of a semester to get most of my projects done.

One week down....14 to go.

P.S. I'm having a Vodka tonic with Absolut Citron Vodka to celebrate not having a Friday night class.

2 Comments:

Blogger Happy and Blue 2 said...

Have a bit of fun on the weekend too. And then do some homework for goodness sake, tee,hee..

8:14 PM  
Blogger Running2Ks said...

I am so tired reading what you are doing. Arts & Crafts indeed! You amaze me :)

9:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home