Monday, January 09, 2006

Back to the grind

First day back to school and I must say....not too bad. Today was College Algebra for Non-Scientific Majors and I am taking the easiest math possible because I am afraid of math. I'm not sure when the fear set in...I took a lot of math all through Jr. High and High School- pre-algebra, algebra, geometry, trigonometry, and college algebra but I struggled through all of them; I never did any better than a B-. Anyway, I have avoided math for 2 1/2 year of college and now I have to bite the bullet. The professor seems nice enough and the book looks more like 8th or 9th grade math so I think I'm going to be okay. There will only be three tests that will determine the entire grade(I'm a little twitted out about that) and we have assigned problems from the book however we don't have to turn any of it in. Weird but whatever; I guess I'm going to have to be an adult in this class because there will no one to report to except me.

On a totally different subject-I walk for about 45 minutes every morning; Monday mornings are always the most interesting because just based on the trash people leave on the curb I know what type of home improvement project they did over the weekend. One neighbor got new mattresses, another got a new dishwasher and a new trash compactor, and someone did some MAJOR spring cleaning. Just like you'd like to know.

4 Comments:

Blogger Happy and Blue 2 said...

Hope your math class is really easy for you.
Do you have trash pictures. It's just so darned fascinating..

9:38 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Angela...NO WAY! I have totally avoided any biology or chem classes...give me earth sciences any day!

H&B..I should take a few...especially the sofas and chairs...it always seems like there is left over upholstery that not even goodwill wants.

9:45 AM  
Blogger Running2Ks said...

Welcome back to the grind--may you enjoy yourself along the way ;)

5:58 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Running...this grind is waaaay better than the sucky retail management grind I left 2 1/2 years ago.

6:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home