Wednesday, August 31, 2005

The Best and The Worst

Today in Education Psychology we had a discussion about the qualities of our best and worst teacher. What I found especially painful about the discussion was I couldn't remember a best or worst teacher from my elementary, jr. high, or high school. Am I getting too old to remember or were all of my teacher so mediocre that I remember nothing special about them? I remember names and what they taught but nothing more than that. None of them were inspirational or took any kind of interest in a loud and outspoken girl. (That would be me.)

I remember I was always the one that asked a lot of "why" questions. I think I really was interested in the answer but I think the teachers thought I was trying to disrupt the class. I recall a teacher telling my mom I asked too many questions. When I got into high school I just kept my head down, did the minimum, and asked fewer and fewer questions. Another spirit squashed by the Utah school system.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home