Thursday, August 18, 2005

My First Day!

My first day at my big new school. I was so excited I didn't sleep well last night! I got there early so I could get a good parking spot and find my class on time. I was a little worried because the professor hadn't turned in a book list to the bookstore so I didn't have a book but then I figured that no one else would have one either. I found my classroom, was just about to open the door, looked the right of the door and saw a sign....."Volcanos and Earthquake class with be canceled today." What!!! It's the first day! How can you cancel a class on the first day! Whatever! I was a little peeved so I left the campus to run some errands and have lunch.

I had another class at 2:00 so I had to return to campus, once again I go through pretty much the same routine of getting to class and I find some guy in a baseball cap in the classroom. He says, "I'm not your teacher. He is out of the country until Monday." He does go over the syllabus and is clear that attendance really counts. I'm wondering if I get a free day like the professor because I can't make it. I was really deflated and a little pissed off. I have spent a lot of money for school and not one but two teachers not to show up on the first day was aggravating.

I did a little math and figured out it cost me about $25 a class a day, so I think I'm owed a $50 refund! So much for my first day, maybe tomorrow will be better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home