Tuesday, August 16, 2005

THEA Later

Part of the reason I decided to attend community college two years ago was I didn't want to do any standardized testing to enter. I hadn't done any kind of school in years and I didn't want to start with some big scary test. Well, it has caught up with me. I had to take the THEA test to enter into the Teacher Education Program and to place into a math class at UTD.

THEA is broken into three parts, Reading, Math and Writing. There are a few problems with this test....It can take up to 5 hours to complete, it doesn't start until 11:00 a.m. and there are no breaks unless you have to pee; needless to say, I was starving when I was done three hours later. The good thing is if you need to retake part of the test, which I will have to, you can do so. I think I did fine on the Reading and Writing portions, the math is another matter. I was so foolish not to do my math in the community college setting. I really didn't want to take developmental math; unfortunately I'm having to do it now and that sucks.
I'll have my results of my test next week, so I'll post my results.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home